Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About the Forum, the Rules, and How To Use It

Comments

• @marioboon yes, it's a bug with the current beta we're running. I'll address it now. I'm going to install a different editor that should fix it.
  • FYI We're going to use the regular non wysiwig editor for a little while. For the most part I don't think it drastically effects anyone. You can insert regular HTML to do images, links etc. Also, just inserting a youtube or vimeo address will automatically embed the video for you; no special handling needed. This fixes a big issue with not being able to post via the mobile version of the site.
  • muchos gracias!
  • Seems to be having issues keeping track of which posts are read/unread. I have a couple of threads showing all or most messages unread. though I've actually been through them completely.
  • @DerekMcCulloch @RussellLissau I believe the post count thing is fixed. Let me know if they don't set properly once you visit whichever threads were screwing up.
  • Seems to be working now.
  • edited August 2011
    I don't see the controls for posting images or making text bold and that sort of stuff when posting. Where did they go?
  • @anthonyperuzzo disabled for the moment because of a bug. You can still use html to post images etc. If you aren't already aware here's the html for a link and an image remove all the '

images
    '<'img 'src="put the full http:// link here for your image" '>'

links
    '<'a 'href="put your full http:// link here" '>'whatever you want to link here'<'/a>'
  • FYI, I swapped themes to allow for a few more options; specifically a mark all as read feature and a couple of moderator tools. Enjoy.
  • Nice one Steve that is very useful, thank you.
  • Also, the quote function now works properly. Beside everyone's name there's a 'Quote' link. Click that and it will paste that particular message into the editor.
  • Also, the quote function now works properly. Beside everyone's name there's a 'Quote' link. Click that and it will paste that particular message into the editor.
    Hey, it works!

• edited September 2011
    I seem to have lost those little yellow post-its that tell me how many unread messages there are in each thread. I tried to hit "mark all viewed" but nothing happened. Sorry, I bet there's a real simple fix for this that I'm missing.
  • Steve-- I created the Introduce Yourself thread but I don't want to get notified every time someone posts in it. How can I remove myself from that service?
  • @RussellLissau click your name up top click on 'my preferences' and then uncheck the 'notify me when someone comments on my discussions' Then if there is a particular thread you want notifications on you can just add it to your bookmarks. (with the star)
  • FYI everyone, I'm working a shit ton of hours right now plus school. If you need me for board related stuff or whatever please @ me so I get an email and know to check in.
  • OK folks, I've made a few tweaks. We now have post counts below our names.. so we can compete with each other I guess :P. Also I've brought the rich text editor back, it no longer breaks mobile viewing, at least not on my iPhone if someone with an Android phone could give it a shot to make sure I'd appreciate it. Considering they both use the same base browser tech I doubt it will have a negative impact on Android. 
    Roles are outlined below everyones names as well so you know who is what. 
  • Couldn't post on my android phone today. Hitting the comment box had no effect.
  • Couldn't post on my android phone today. Hitting the comment box had no effect.
    Hmm.. ok. Was hoping it was fixed across the board. Looking into it.
  • I've noticed that my iPhone's browser has issues with the comment box as well. Sometimes it'll work, sometimes it won't.
  • Hey, anyone else having problem with not getting mention notifications? Mine stopped dead around Jan. 12.
  • Didn't even notice because I hardly ever look there so I wouldn't call it a "problem with", but, yeah, no mentioning my mentions.
  • Looks like it's fixed now.
  • edited November 2012
    Is there a way to mark a thread as unread please? Apologies if I'm missing something obvious.
  • edited November 2012
    I think I've seen this on other Vanilla forums, but as far as I can tell it's not a standard feature.  Probably a plug-in.
  • Thanks Jason, I'll be more careful what I do/don't start reading at work :)
  • A way you could kind of do this, is by clicking the bookmark star on the right of the title panel (it's inside the thread discussion as well - at the top.) This will add another menu at the top of the site that says, "My bookmarks."

It doesn't make it unread, but it should probably hold your space in that thread for the last read posts.

If that helps.
  • It does thanks, it's only a few threads so that will work nicely.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Debug Trace

Notice
The addon in /plugins/AboutMe has 1 issue(s).

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The addon in /p...', '/home/steve55/p...', 795, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(795): trigger_error('The addon in /p...', 1024)
#2 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(829): Vanilla\Addon->triggerIssues()
#3 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/cache/addon.php(1582): Vanilla\Addon::__set_state(Array)
#4 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(319): require('/home/steve55/p...')
#5 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(740): Vanilla\AddonManager->ensureMultiCache()
#6 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1094): Vanilla\AddonManager->lookupAddon('stubcontent')
#7 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1074): Vanilla\AddonManager->lookupByType('stubcontent', 'addon')
#8 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(247): Vanilla\AddonManager->startAddonsByKey(Array, 'addon')
#9 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))
#10 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#11 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(308): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))
#12 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/index.php(30): require_once('/home/steve55/p...')
#13 {main}
Notice
The addon key must match it's subdirectory name (about me vs. AboutMe).

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The addon key m...', '/home/steve55/p...', 797, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(797): trigger_error('The addon key m...', 1024)
#2 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(829): Vanilla\Addon->triggerIssues()
#3 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/cache/addon.php(1582): Vanilla\Addon::__set_state(Array)
#4 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(319): require('/home/steve55/p...')
#5 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(740): Vanilla\AddonManager->ensureMultiCache()
#6 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1094): Vanilla\AddonManager->lookupAddon('stubcontent')
#7 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1074): Vanilla\AddonManager->lookupByType('stubcontent', 'addon')
#8 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(247): Vanilla\AddonManager->startAddonsByKey(Array, 'addon')
#9 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))
#10 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#11 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(308): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))
#12 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/index.php(30): require_once('/home/steve55/p...')
#13 {main}
Notice
The addon in /plugins/Emotify has 1 issue(s).

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The addon in /p...', '/home/steve55/p...', 795, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(795): trigger_error('The addon in /p...', 1024)
#3 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/cache/addon.php(1806): Vanilla\Addon::__set_state(Array)
#13 {main}
Notice
The addon should have at most one plugin class (EmotifyPlugin, EmotifyPlugin).

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The addon shoul...', '/home/steve55/p...', 797, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(797): trigger_error('The addon shoul...', 1024)
#3 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/cache/addon.php(1806): Vanilla\Addon::__set_state(Array)
#13 {main}
Notice
The addon with key GoogleSignIn could not be found and will not be started.

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The addon with ...', '/home/steve55/p...', 1076, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1076): trigger_error('The addon with ...')
#2 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(247): Vanilla\AddonManager->startAddonsByKey(Array, 'addon')
#3 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))
#4 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#5 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(308): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))
#6 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/index.php(30): require_once('/home/steve55/p...')
#7 {main}
Notice
The locale with key SequentialWorkshop could not be found and will not be started.

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The locale with...', '/home/steve55/p...', 1076, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1076): trigger_error('The locale with...')
#2 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(249): Vanilla\AddonManager->startAddonsByKey(Array, 'locale')
#3 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))
#4 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#5 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(308): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))
#6 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/index.php(30): require_once('/home/steve55/p...')
#7 {main}
Notice
The locale with key SQWSHP could not be found and will not be started.

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The locale with...', '/home/steve55/p...', 1076, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1076): trigger_error('The locale with...')
#2 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(249): Vanilla\AddonManager->startAddonsByKey(Array, 'locale')
#7 {main}