Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Go recruit new members

edited August 2012 in Site Related
I see the same ten or so names here all the time. I have an assignment for all of you.

GO FIND SOME NEW MEMBERS.

use Facebook, twitter, bathroom walls, whatever. Bring some new people here, of varying skills and professions.

GO. DO THE WORK.

Comments

• Well, I've done what I can!
  • New people scare me.
  • I work in adverting, Russ. You want me to perform an action, but where's my incitement? What's the call to action to drive conversion? :P
  • Does my cat count as a new member?

And what if we like our ten member club? Hahhah?
  • New people scare me.
    Doesn't Russell scare you more?
  • @JasonAQuest I can put Russell down by giving him too much soda. He'll be in the hospital in no time!

@RussellLissau too soon? ;)
  • edited August 2012
    @trevorAmueller,I have your 13 volumes of Powers. If you want them back, go recruit.
    Plus, you know, whiskey.
  • edited August 2012
    @pjperez, soda is fine. A greasy burger would do me in.
    Mmmmm, burger.....
  • @RussellLissau The whiskey was for you...for when you get off pills, and can drink again. But yes, I do want my Powers trades back. I gave them to you to feel better and give you something to read when you're not experiencing drug-induced dreaming. ;)

Teach me to be nice to you when you're recovering from surgery. :P
  • Think of the hazing we can do to them!! I mean welcome them with open arms. :D
  • Evil, Beth. Absolutely evil!
  • Speaking of recruitment for this board in particular...would anyone be interested in having a brochure PDF they could download and print up?
  • @Dwightwilliams like for use at conventions & stuff?
  • Was thinking along those lines, yeah.
  • I think that'd be cool!
  • As long as they go to pros, not fans.
  • @dwightwilliams @russelllissau well, yeah. Honestly, I think even something like a business card, so when you chat with other creators at cons, you can just hand it to them so they have a reminder of the URL, basically. I don't think much more would be needed.
  • Like danny oceans calling card. Classy.
  • Ok, i've just posted an invite to a number of craft oriented FB groups i'm a member off.

• edited August 2012
    Including the Ottawa Comic Jam. Which reminds me: there's also an Orleans/East Ottawa Jam group I ought to get back to reorganizing. @Max_Douglas, would you be interested in being signed up despite being an out-of-towner?
  • Preliminary design for the card's been sent to @Russell_Lissau and @Max_Douglas for review!
  • I went around to some local emerging artists and I know @JasonCopland has been polling the rest of our crowd as well.
  • Hmmm. I'll have to hand out the URL to select people at Dragon*Con this weekend.

• @GregCarter hey, how's the weather down there this time of year? I'm considering doing Dragon*Con next year, but I fear the combination of The South + The Heat ...
  • Safe guess is 90-ish for a high, and fairly humid. Sometimes more than others. This year it's extra humid thanks to Isaac sending us some tropical moisture. It's definitely still summertime. 
    (I lived in Houston so anything Atlanta can throw at me isn't has hot and humid as that.)

I recommend Dragon*Con to any and everyone. Soon after the con is over the guest application goes up for the next one. D*C doesn't invite guests - you have to apply. And they select from those applications. 
  • Thanks for the info, Greg. I kinda always expect Georgia to be hot and humid, so I'm glad my expectations have not been unfounded. But I hear a lot of good things, so I might get on that application list next month.
  • You can do four days of Dragon*Con and not go outside much at all. The MARTA train station at the airport is kinda outside. Peachtree Station for Dragon*Con is underground. And there are gerbil tubes between the station/mall and the two main hotels. Maybe to more of them. I don't venture very far. 
  • Who has an EPS or SVG version of the Sequential Workshop wordmark?
  • Who has an EPS or SVG version of the Sequential Workshop wordmark?
    You'd have to talk to @SteveWallace for that.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Debug Trace

Notice
The addon in /plugins/AboutMe has 1 issue(s).

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The addon in /p...', '/home/steve55/p...', 795, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(795): trigger_error('The addon in /p...', 1024)
#2 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(829): Vanilla\Addon->triggerIssues()
#3 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/cache/addon.php(1582): Vanilla\Addon::__set_state(Array)
#4 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(319): require('/home/steve55/p...')
#5 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(740): Vanilla\AddonManager->ensureMultiCache()
#6 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1094): Vanilla\AddonManager->lookupAddon('stubcontent')
#7 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1074): Vanilla\AddonManager->lookupByType('stubcontent', 'addon')
#8 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(247): Vanilla\AddonManager->startAddonsByKey(Array, 'addon')
#9 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))
#10 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#11 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(308): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))
#12 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/index.php(22): require_once('/home/steve55/p...')
#13 {main}
Notice
The addon key must match it's subdirectory name (about me vs. AboutMe).

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The addon key m...', '/home/steve55/p...', 797, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(797): trigger_error('The addon key m...', 1024)
#2 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(829): Vanilla\Addon->triggerIssues()
#3 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/cache/addon.php(1582): Vanilla\Addon::__set_state(Array)
#4 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(319): require('/home/steve55/p...')
#5 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(740): Vanilla\AddonManager->ensureMultiCache()
#6 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1094): Vanilla\AddonManager->lookupAddon('stubcontent')
#7 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1074): Vanilla\AddonManager->lookupByType('stubcontent', 'addon')
#8 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(247): Vanilla\AddonManager->startAddonsByKey(Array, 'addon')
#9 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))
#10 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#11 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(308): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))
#12 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/index.php(22): require_once('/home/steve55/p...')
#13 {main}
Notice
The addon in /plugins/Emotify has 1 issue(s).

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The addon in /p...', '/home/steve55/p...', 795, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(795): trigger_error('The addon in /p...', 1024)
#3 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/cache/addon.php(1806): Vanilla\Addon::__set_state(Array)
#13 {main}
Notice
The addon should have at most one plugin class (EmotifyPlugin, EmotifyPlugin).

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The addon shoul...', '/home/steve55/p...', 797, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(797): trigger_error('The addon shoul...', 1024)
#3 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/cache/addon.php(1806): Vanilla\Addon::__set_state(Array)
#13 {main}
Notice
The addon with key GoogleSignIn could not be found and will not be started.

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The addon with ...', '/home/steve55/p...', 1076, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1076): trigger_error('The addon with ...')
#2 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(247): Vanilla\AddonManager->startAddonsByKey(Array, 'addon')
#3 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))
#4 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#5 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(308): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))
#6 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/index.php(22): require_once('/home/steve55/p...')
#7 {main}
Notice
The locale with key SequentialWorkshop could not be found and will not be started.

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The locale with...', '/home/steve55/p...', 1076, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1076): trigger_error('The locale with...')
#2 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(249): Vanilla\AddonManager->startAddonsByKey(Array, 'locale')
#3 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))
#4 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#5 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(308): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))
#6 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/index.php(22): require_once('/home/steve55/p...')
#7 {main}
Notice
The locale with key SQWSHP could not be found and will not be started.

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The locale with...', '/home/steve55/p...', 1076, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1076): trigger_error('The locale with...')
#2 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(249): Vanilla\AddonManager->startAddonsByKey(Array, 'locale')
#7 {main}