Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brandon Seifert Hype Thread — co-writing HELLRAISER ongoing with Clive Barker!

edited November 2012 in Do The Work
I'm going to go ahead and make a separate thread of Witch Doctor self-promotion to keep it from bogging down my worklog.

Witch Doctor #1 (of 4), on sale June 29, 2011 from Skybound Entertainment/Image Comics.

House M.D. meets Fringe in the first Skybound original from Robert Kirkman’s new comics imprint! Meet Vincent Morrow, a doctor looking for a vaccine… for the apocalypse! In this stand-alone first issue, a family needs Dr. Morrow’s help with their son’s illness: Demonic possession. But when Morrow attempts an experimental cure, he discovers the boy’s disease isn’t all spinning heads and pea soup — it’s like nothing you’ve seen before! Horror gets a brain transplant in Witch Doctor, the book Warren Ellis calls “Mental."

$2.99, 32 pages, Diamond order code APR110397

Witch Doctor #2 (of 4), on sale July 20, 2011 from Skybound Entertainment/Image Comics.

Another foray into medical horror from Robert Kirkman’s Skybound Originals line! Is your baby really your baby — or is it a camouflaged monster that’s feeding on you while you sleep? An infestation of Cuckoo Faeries is spreading through the nurseries of Arkham, Oregon, and it’s up to Dr. Vincent Morrow, the Witch Doctor, to stop it! So why doesn’t he want to bother? Plus: Shark cage diving with sea monsters!

$2.99, 32 pages, Diamond order code MAY110542

Comments

• Ha! I gotta bug my LCS on Twitter again. I have no idea if they're going to do holds for me or not. These look great.
  • Thanks!  I really appreciate you going to the trouble of pre-ordering it; I didn't realize quite how vital that is until  we started doing the book.  (Releasing a book through Diamond is what finally got me to start using my pullbox at my LCS.)
  • OH HEY. There's a five-page preview of Witch Doctor #1 in the back of Walking Dead #84, which came out today!
  • edited April 2011
    OH HEY. There's a five-page preview of Witch Doctor #1 in the back of Walking Dead #84, which came out today!
    Awesome news! Congrats, buddy!

• edited April 2011

During WonderCon Lukas and I got interviewed by SyFy Channel actress Diana Terranova.  It was at the end of the first day and we were both so sleep-deped we were practically hallucinating, so I've been dreading seeing the video actually come out.  But then today it did, and it's my favorite interview we've done so far!  Watch for the part where Lukas WINS THE INTERVIEW.

Edit:  Well, damn!  When I embed the YouTube video in here, it shows up normally when I'm writing the comment but not after I save it!  That's disappointing.

• Apparently Vanilla requires either a hack or a plug-in to enable embedded videos.
  • @JasonAQuest it's not supposed to, it's supposed to be natively supported. I'll look into it.
  • edited April 2011
    Oh, it likes the old version I guess. Something about iframes screwing with it's chemistry. Anyway, on youtube when you go to the share option check the box that says 'use old embed code'
    Oh, you don't even have to do that. Just copy the url from your browser bar and paste it into code view. It automatically adds it in.

• I laughed more than once during that interview. With you, not at you. Hilarious.
  • Well folks... it's that time.

Witch Doctor #0 goes on sale as a flipbook with THE WALKING DEAD #85 TOMORROW.

I'm already hearing that the first print run is sold out, so if you want a copy — better get to your LCS early.  (And if you want a copy of Witch Doctor #1, or the whole miniseries?  Ask your retailer to order one for you!)

WD #0 is also going to be free on iPhone/iPad, Android and on the web through ComiXology starting tomorrow; I'll post the link to it on their website as soon as it's live.

Woo!  Yipes!  Here we go!
  • Wheeee!
  • "If you use your imagination, then yes, Obama is a merman."

HA HA HA
  • I see Kirkman is pimping this on his Twitter feed today. Nice one!

(I retweeted btw)
  • Yeah @pjperez, that was the part where Lukas won the interview.

@DanHill, thanks for pointing that out!  I RTed it after you said that.
  • Congrats to you and the Witch Doctor team Brandon. Great intro to the character and his world!
  • Thanks @DinoCaruso!  I'm glad you liked it!
  • It's at my retailer. Need to go pick it up. This is what I get for only stopping into the comics shop once a month or two. :(

Looking forward to reading it, Brandon!
  • Sweet! Thanks for pointing that out Trevor, I hadn't seen that!
  • Well folks... Witch Doctor #1 is finally out.

Broken Frontier calls it "arguably the most accomplished debut by a pair of new creators in recent memory."

"Witch Doctor #1 made me angry that I have to wait 30 days for Witch Doctor #2,said Newsarama Best Shots.

Fangoria.com says it's "a terrifically stylish and exciting supernatural thriller full of wild ideas."

Four stars from Comic Book Resources, and a 7.8 out of 10 from Paste Magazine.

Comics Bulletin puts it "up there with Gladstone's School for World Conquerors and Butcher Baker the Righteous Maker as some of 2011's truly great comic book premieres."

I'm really fucking happy that it's going over so well.
  • Woo Hoo! Congrats
  • Just realized I have yet to say congrats, so shame on me.  You guys have been doing astounding work, and I'm glad that your time has come to really shine.
  • Read #1 and loved it, as I knew I would. I have but one gripe: The font is small, especially the radio report on Page 1. But it's great stuff, pally. You should be proud.
  • Awesome stuff.
  • Huge congrats. I don't really buy singles, outside of Casanova (Phonogram and King City too, but they're done), but there's a good chance I'll follow this on the Image iPhone app.
  • Congrats on all the success! Not sure if you saw this review. It's a good one:

http://blogmonster.evilgeniuscomics.com/
  • Got my copy yesterday. I'm very impressed with how amazing it looks! (Already knew the story was good.) I even like the coloring and that's very rare for me. 

This is a fine piece of work. Congrats on everything coming together so well. 
  • Just got back from my LCS.  They were sold-out, and have to order me in a copy.
  • At what point exactly do we start referring to Brandon and Lukas as "sell-outs"? :)
Sign In or Register to comment.

Debug Trace

Notice
The addon in /plugins/AboutMe has 1 issue(s).

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The addon in /p...', '/home/steve55/p...', 795, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(795): trigger_error('The addon in /p...', 1024)
#2 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(829): Vanilla\Addon->triggerIssues()
#3 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/cache/addon.php(1582): Vanilla\Addon::__set_state(Array)
#4 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(319): require('/home/steve55/p...')
#5 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(740): Vanilla\AddonManager->ensureMultiCache()
#6 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1094): Vanilla\AddonManager->lookupAddon('stubcontent')
#7 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1074): Vanilla\AddonManager->lookupByType('stubcontent', 'addon')
#8 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(247): Vanilla\AddonManager->startAddonsByKey(Array, 'addon')
#9 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))
#10 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#11 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(308): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))
#12 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/index.php(22): require_once('/home/steve55/p...')
#13 {main}
Notice
The addon key must match it's subdirectory name (about me vs. AboutMe).

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The addon key m...', '/home/steve55/p...', 797, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(797): trigger_error('The addon key m...', 1024)
#2 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(829): Vanilla\Addon->triggerIssues()
#3 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/cache/addon.php(1582): Vanilla\Addon::__set_state(Array)
#4 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(319): require('/home/steve55/p...')
#5 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(740): Vanilla\AddonManager->ensureMultiCache()
#6 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1094): Vanilla\AddonManager->lookupAddon('stubcontent')
#7 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1074): Vanilla\AddonManager->lookupByType('stubcontent', 'addon')
#8 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(247): Vanilla\AddonManager->startAddonsByKey(Array, 'addon')
#9 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))
#10 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#11 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(308): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))
#12 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/index.php(22): require_once('/home/steve55/p...')
#13 {main}
Notice
The addon in /plugins/Emotify has 1 issue(s).

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The addon in /p...', '/home/steve55/p...', 795, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(795): trigger_error('The addon in /p...', 1024)
#3 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/cache/addon.php(1806): Vanilla\Addon::__set_state(Array)
#13 {main}
Notice
The addon should have at most one plugin class (EmotifyPlugin, EmotifyPlugin).

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The addon shoul...', '/home/steve55/p...', 797, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(797): trigger_error('The addon shoul...', 1024)
#3 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/cache/addon.php(1806): Vanilla\Addon::__set_state(Array)
#13 {main}
Notice
The addon with key GoogleSignIn could not be found and will not be started.

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The addon with ...', '/home/steve55/p...', 1076, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1076): trigger_error('The addon with ...')
#2 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(247): Vanilla\AddonManager->startAddonsByKey(Array, 'addon')
#3 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))
#4 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#5 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(308): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))
#6 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/index.php(22): require_once('/home/steve55/p...')
#7 {main}
Notice
The locale with key SequentialWorkshop could not be found and will not be started.

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The locale with...', '/home/steve55/p...', 1076, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1076): trigger_error('The locale with...')
#2 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(249): Vanilla\AddonManager->startAddonsByKey(Array, 'locale')
#3 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))
#4 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#5 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(308): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))
#6 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/index.php(22): require_once('/home/steve55/p...')
#7 {main}
Notice
The locale with key SQWSHP could not be found and will not be started.

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The locale with...', '/home/steve55/p...', 1076, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1076): trigger_error('The locale with...')
#2 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(249): Vanilla\AddonManager->startAddonsByKey(Array, 'locale')
#7 {main}