Project Management Websites
Coordinating Witch Doctor is always an... evolving process, and about two months ago Lukas suggested we start using Basecamp, a project management service he'd had good experiences with in his freelance illustration work.
Basecamp is awesome. The problem is, at its cheapest ($25/month), it's still $300/year.
So now I'm looking for a cheaper alternative. The things I found I used it for the most were:
- Email reminders of deadlines in the calendar and time-sensitive to-dos
- A calendar view that told me exactly how many days out each deadline/milestone was
- To-Dos that can be linked with calendar events
- A To-Do system that's easy to navigate and not cluttered
- A calendar that I can subscribe to in iCal, which will sync without me telling it to
- Ideally, an iPhone app
Other stuff is optional; I barely used the messages function, and never used the files or the whiteboard. Other features I'd *like* that Basecamp doesn't have:
- Control over when nagging emails are sent out for particular Milestones
- Control over specific times Milestones occur, rather than them being all-day things
Anybody got any suggestions?