You know you've made it as a comic book creator when...
You get invited to San Diego. Congrats, Jimmie.
To springboard this into discussion, what other things might qualify?
1. Someone cosplays as one of your characters
2. Someone makes a stuffed animal or action figure out of one of your characters
3. Someone writes fanfic with your characters in them
4. You get invited to a large show as an expenses-paid guest
5. You get invited to pitch at Marvel or DC
6. An artist / writer you admire contacts you asking to work with you
7. Your co-creator gets poached by another company
8. You do a standing-room only panel at a convention
9. Your Artist's Alley table has a line of three or more people
10. Something negative about you makes it on to Bleeding Cool
Anything I missed?