Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The New Adventures Of Sir Harry Chiselton

edited May 2011 in Work Logs
So, my first full-length book is coming soon from What The Flux Publishing, Volume 1 in what will hopefully be an ongoing Steampunk 'Boy's-Own' Action-Adventure vein.

I'll be posting up sneaky peeks shortly, after I spend this weekend knocking out some promotional art whilst @DanHill beavers away writing synopses for the publisher's promotional machine.

I'm open to all/any ideas regarding promotion that uses artwork - banners (inc. dimensions etc.) that kind of thing. Lay it on me.

Comments

• Now that we got the promo synopses sent off to the publishers, time to move along...

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours working on Wordpress to create Chiselton's Blog. I'll have pages from my notebooks, visual reference and stuff.

Also, I've set up a Twitter feed for Sir Harry. You can find him as @Sir_H_Chiselton

Right. Back to lettering!
  • Now that #1 is 'in the can', pretty much, I've started roughing in #2, and obviously, moving along a lot faster with 10 pages roughed out and about 3-4 pencilled in.

@DanHill is busy moving house but I'm still pestering him with all kinds of lovely, lovely nonsense in the meantime. 

I hope I'm doing things correctly - I've set up a Page on FaceBook, as opposed to a Group - devoted to the erstwhile Sir Harry and it would be FAB if you could all pop by and Like, Recommend and Favourite.

I've also put up the first 4 pages with some additional bonus comments. 
  • So the news keeps rolling in.... Blog, Twitter, Facebook page. Now What The Flux has announced Sir Harry Chiselton to their forthcoming roll... and should be on their table at Florida SuperCon along with one or two limited edition posters. 

Yay!
  • This week in Chiselton's World, I have registered www.Chiselton.com - such is my faith in my work, and also wrapped up the poster for the Florida launch... which is also on his Facebook page.
  • Well, July was a quiet month. And it looks like August is going that way as well - I dropped into Mission Comics to see if they could pencil in a Sunday for a signing of Chiselton #1, and then the Publisher has gone quiet.

I'm not expecting them to fondle my nuts on a daily basis, but they haven't provided me with feedback from the Florida Con, nor even a copy of the book.

Le Sigh.

Anyway, I've created a page over at http://www.Chiselton.com exclusively for Retailers and Reviewers, so if any of you want to be a Reviewer and want to provide me with some pull quotes, let me know. Or, if you know Comic Store owner who would like to carry a Steampunk Action Comic, point 'em my way.

What I'm also looking for is 3-4 artists who think Chiselton is the shit, and want to drop a pin-up in the back of #4. Down the line I'm thinking some 2-4 page text pieces as well, for Volume 2.
  • Strange. They seemed okay with me when I emailed them earlier regarding promoting/selling the book at Thought Bubble (this may be because the onus will be on me to push it, not them).
  • I think that's what happens when you run several titles and have day-jobs. Also, maybe I'm asking the wrong (or none) questions...

Anyway. Emails in inboxes, pages being inked & pencilled. The train shall not be derailed, Chiselton shall prevail etc. Halfway through #2 as I write. Despite being laid up with a bum knee, I have inked and pencilled furiously.
  • Currently almost through inking #2...

Dan will exert a might presence at Leeds' Thought Bubble, as chatted about above...

What The Flux will dominate at:

PalmCon on the 17th
    http://www.cosmictimes.net/palmcon/

and Detroit Fanfare on the 24-25th
    http://www.detroitfanfare.com/
  • Oh yeah, I owe you a quote for this!
  • Me too! I'm a slacker. I blame Dragon*Con. :p
  • Hey, if anyone knows a LCS who wants to carry 3-5 issues of Chiselton #1, let me know so I can get copies shipped - unless you want to intermediate and snag yourselves a free copy in the process!
  • Hullo!

I'm back! I've been busy! 

What have I been doing? Well - I scrapped everything I did so far. Yes - 2 1/2 comics worth of art down the shitter. I took a long hard look and decided it wasn't what I wanted to show the world. It was cramped, I had too much plot crammed into too little story. 

So, I started again. 

I've stretched out the pacing, letting the artwork breathe a bit more - and it shows. I've almost wrapped up episode 3 - which ends where #1 ended, just to give an idea of where my pacing is going,

I've developed Chiselton's social media presence, tweaked Chiselton.com.

• This is far and away the best work I've seen you do.
  • The art looks good, Tim.
  • Before I get to scanning, I'm doing a few of the mechanical devices of that world.

Trains are fun. 

Said no one, ever.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Debug Trace

Notice
The addon in /plugins/AboutMe has 1 issue(s).

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The addon in /p...', '/home/steve55/p...', 795, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(795): trigger_error('The addon in /p...', 1024)
#2 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(829): Vanilla\Addon->triggerIssues()
#3 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/cache/addon.php(1582): Vanilla\Addon::__set_state(Array)
#4 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(319): require('/home/steve55/p...')
#5 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(740): Vanilla\AddonManager->ensureMultiCache()
#6 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1094): Vanilla\AddonManager->lookupAddon('stubcontent')
#7 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1074): Vanilla\AddonManager->lookupByType('stubcontent', 'addon')
#8 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(247): Vanilla\AddonManager->startAddonsByKey(Array, 'addon')
#9 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))
#10 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#11 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(308): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))
#12 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/index.php(22): require_once('/home/steve55/p...')
#13 {main}
Notice
The addon key must match it's subdirectory name (about me vs. AboutMe).

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The addon key m...', '/home/steve55/p...', 797, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(797): trigger_error('The addon key m...', 1024)
#2 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(829): Vanilla\Addon->triggerIssues()
#3 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/cache/addon.php(1582): Vanilla\Addon::__set_state(Array)
#4 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(319): require('/home/steve55/p...')
#5 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(740): Vanilla\AddonManager->ensureMultiCache()
#6 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1094): Vanilla\AddonManager->lookupAddon('stubcontent')
#7 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1074): Vanilla\AddonManager->lookupByType('stubcontent', 'addon')
#8 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(247): Vanilla\AddonManager->startAddonsByKey(Array, 'addon')
#9 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))
#10 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#11 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(308): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))
#12 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/index.php(22): require_once('/home/steve55/p...')
#13 {main}
Notice
The addon in /plugins/Emotify has 1 issue(s).

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The addon in /p...', '/home/steve55/p...', 795, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(795): trigger_error('The addon in /p...', 1024)
#3 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/cache/addon.php(1806): Vanilla\Addon::__set_state(Array)
#13 {main}
Notice
The addon should have at most one plugin class (EmotifyPlugin, EmotifyPlugin).

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The addon shoul...', '/home/steve55/p...', 797, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Addon.php(797): trigger_error('The addon shoul...', 1024)
#3 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/cache/addon.php(1806): Vanilla\Addon::__set_state(Array)
#13 {main}
Notice
The addon with key GoogleSignIn could not be found and will not be started.

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The addon with ...', '/home/steve55/p...', 1076, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1076): trigger_error('The addon with ...')
#2 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(247): Vanilla\AddonManager->startAddonsByKey(Array, 'addon')
#3 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))
#4 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#5 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(308): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))
#6 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/index.php(22): require_once('/home/steve55/p...')
#7 {main}
Notice
The locale with key SequentialWorkshop could not be found and will not be started.

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The locale with...', '/home/steve55/p...', 1076, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1076): trigger_error('The locale with...')
#2 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(249): Vanilla\AddonManager->startAddonsByKey(Array, 'locale')
#3 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Garden\Container\Container), Object(Gdn_Configuration), Object(Vanilla\AddonManager), Object(Garden\EventManager), Object(Gdn_Request))
#4 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(723): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#5 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(308): Garden\Container\Container->call(Object(Closure))
#6 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/index.php(22): require_once('/home/steve55/p...')
#7 {main}
Notice
The locale with key SQWSHP could not be found and will not be started.

#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'The locale with...', '/home/steve55/p...', 1076, Array)
#1 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(1076): trigger_error('The locale with...')
#2 /home/steve55/public_html/sequentialworkshop.com/forum/bootstrap.php(249): Vanilla\AddonManager->startAddonsByKey(Array, 'locale')
#7 {main}