Digital comics for indies.

edited May 2011 in The Toolbox
Who here offers digital comics? if so what formats CBR/CBZ, PDF, iOS app, android? something more DRMey? how do you price them? pre-established price like 99c? or pay what you like? would you be interested in having a service that does the sales for you, maybe something like a co-op shop?

Just curious!

Comments

• My name is Ayo, representing the House of Twelve, gang of evil comic book ruffians.

Our comic is available on Comixology's "COMICS" app. It's a pretty good thing. It's available for download with Android, i-products and Comixology's browser application. $1.99, for the thing each time it comes out. Lots of good artists.

Yay.
  • Also, moreso: I like webcomics, which are what's up right now, no matter what anybody might think about them.

If at all possible, I would advise any cartoonist looking to pave a way for themselves to start up a webcomic and let fly.
  • Oh, yeah I am totally down with doing webcomics, but digital comics using things like iOS is an interesting model especially for content that is better encapsulated in a book. 
  • I'm serializing some stuff online, but to do a proper webcomic (ongoing strip, updated frequently) would drag my already slow output on other projects to a crawl.  When I was drawing Fetus Christ for weekly release, I got little else done, and when I did try to multitask and work on other things, I quickly lost my buffer on FC.
  • My Archaia graphic novels The Grave Doug Freshley and The Lone and Level Sands are appearing at at Graphicly and Okita and the Cat (written by Josh Hechinger) is available at iTunes ($1.99 for 167 screen shots). Josh and I are whipping something up for Longbox as well.